Would you like to talk to someone who understands?
We are here to listen to you and believe you.
The helpline is a confidential service where our highly trained female volunteers offer information and support. We know how hard it can be to make that first contact and if you find that you are having trouble speaking then we will sit with you until you feel able to talk.
- You are in control of what and how much you say to us.
- There is no pressure to tell us everything or all of your story.
- We will not judge you in any way.
- You are free to stay on the phone / text for as long as you like up to one hour and can end the conversation at any point.
- Our service is confidential and you do not have to give us your name or any other information about you. You can remain completely anonymous if you prefer.
- We won’t repeat anything you tell us to anybody outside the organisation. Details of conversations are shared within SN; we make notes about each conversation, but we are very careful to make sure that this information is not passed on to anybody else.
- We will only break confidentiality if you ask us to, or in certain circumstances where you’ve given us relevant information, and we’re concerned for your (or somebody else’s) safety. For more information about this please see our Child Protection and Vulnerable Adults policies.
Helpline number: 01273 720110
This service is for all self-identifying women who have experienced sexual violence and/or abuse, no matter when or how it happened, as well as partners, supporters and professionals of any gender.
The helpline is staffed by female volunteers. Please note that our number may show up on your phone bills.
Helpline number: 01273 204050
This is a helpline for survivors who identify as trans or non-binary. This helpline is staffed by trans* volunteers and is now run entirely by LGBT Switchboard, with training provided by us.
If you would like someone to talk to outside of these hours, this information sheet has details of all the other relevant helplines across the country
Interested in volunteering for our Helpline? We are always looking for self-identified women who would like to volunteer with us. Click here to find out more!
Please give us your feedback
Please can you spare a few minutes to answer some quick questions about Survivors’Network Helpline service? We value your feedback so we can ensure we are providing the best possible service to you. The survey is anonymous : click here.