We provide free information and support to people who experience multiple disadvantages and who have also had an unwanted sexual experience, either recently or in the past. It is open to people of all genders aged 18+ years, who live in Brighton and Hove as well as West or East Sussex.
When we talk about multiple disadvantages, we mean people who come across difficulties when trying to get support for sexual violence. We call these difficulties barriers. These barriers can include:
- Insecure housing
- Current or historic offending behaviours
- Substance use
- Sex working
- Mental health problems
An ISVA can:
- Provide free information and practical support if you have experienced sexual violence.
- Connect you with housing, mental health, and social services.
- Help you to understand your options.
- Provide specialist support throughout the criminal justice process (if you choose to report your experiences to the police).
- Offer support through trusted professionals you are being supported by.
To access this service, please complete our online self-referral form here…