We believe that empowered women can empower other women…so we’re so excited that so many women are working together on brand new things this International Women’s Day to help others, break barriers, and raise money for survivors at the same time!
- The amazing FemFest Brighton is holding a mini feminist festival from the 4th – 8th March with theatre, film, spoken word and workshops all designed by women and for women! Find all of the events and pick up your tickets here.
- Brand new all-women brewing company Siduri have dedicated their inaugural beer, a session IPA called You Get What You’re Given, to Survivors’ Network! Launching on the 7th March at the Brighton Beer Dispensary, a % of the proceeds will go towards supporting survivors in Sussex. The IPA can be found in Brewdog; The North Laine; The Craft Beer Co.; The Juggs (Kingston); The Black Dove; The Cloak Room; The Open Market; The Shepherd and Dog; The Duke of Wellington (Shoreham); Beer No Evil (Worthing); Anchored (Worthing); The Jolly Brewer; The London Beer Dispensary; Southey Brewing Tap Room (London), among others.
- Some amazing bands – Wife Swap USA, Frankie & Bean, De La Chambre and Annie Dorrett – are coming together on the 11th March to hold a fundraiser for us at The Prince Albert Brighton – find out more and get your tickets here.
- Incredible swimming team the Salty Seabirds are doing a sponsored swim for us on the 8th March! Find out more and sponsor them here.
- And as ever, we can’t wait to have our annual stand at Brighton Women’s Centre‘s IWD event at the Dome on Saturday 7th March – we’ll be sharing a stall with Rise, so come find us and say hi!
If you’re looking for an organisation to support this International Women’s Day, please do consider joining some very excellent company in supporting Survivors’ Network – with your help, we can support survivors of sexual violence across the county, and offer help to their supporters and to professionals too. If you’d like to make a one-off donation, or set up a recurring one, you can do so here. If you’d like to hold an event, create some cause-related marketing or even support us through your business all year round, get in touch with our Communications, Engagement & Fundraising Officer and she can help you to work out the details!