The impact of rape and sexual assault is varied and complex. Individuals react in different ways at different times and in the same way that no two people are the same, each person who has experienced sexual violence will react in a different way.
Learning about the impact of rape and sexual assault will help anyone working with or supporting a survivor to gain a better understanding about what they may be experiencing.
This course helps to challenge myths surrounding expected reactions to rape and sexual assault, and to understand the processes at play that may bring about different responses and reactions, in the moment and afterwards. We will go on to consider some practical ways in which we may respond, support that is available locally and nationally, and move on to reflect on the impact on us supporting someone who has been through these experiences.
- Define sexual violence and abuse
- Exploring myths about rape and sexual violence and/or abuse
- Describe trauma and its impact
- Describe the impact of sexual violence and abuse on the health and wellbeing of the survivor
- Identify and implement support measures for survivors
- Explain what services and support are available in the city
- Identify own needs as a supporter
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to know more about how rape or sexual violence impacts people, for personal or professional reasons. This course is intended to offer an introductory understanding of sexual violence and the impact of this. It will provide a good foundation to further learning.
How do I book?
Book your place through Eventbrite here. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Find details of all of our training here.