This training day has been designed to develop participants’ knowledge and understanding of vicarious trauma, secondary trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout. We will explore the signs and symptom of each and the impact they can have on us as individuals, as well as on our work and workplace.
We will discuss the benefits of self-care; the barriers to self-care; the various forms self-care might take. Participants will have the opportunity to learn stress management techniques and develop their own personal self-care kit.
- Gain a basic understanding of the impact of trauma on our brain
- Understand the signs and causes of vicarious trauma, secondary trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout
- Learn about the importance of boundaries
- Explore a variety of self-care and resilience building tools and techniques
- Develop a personal self-care plan to use in your daily home and work life
Who is this course for?
The course is for anyone wanting to learn how those in helping roles might experience compassion fatigue or vicarious trauma and how to start considering managing the impact of stress using self-care strategies.
This may include frontline staff or volunteers, healthcare professionals, social workers, teacher and school staff, family workers, benefit, welfare and housing staff, youth workers, education staff, therapists, managers and those supporting staff, counsellors and people working in the voluntary sector.
How do I book?
Book your place through Eventbrite here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Find details of all of our training here.